Friday, June 12, 2009

Downtown KCK has free fun.

This weekend is the KCK Arts Network Street Fest. Guess what? It's free! The Street Fest is in conjuction with Downtown KCK's Second Fridays. Second Fridays are, evidently, a lot like First Fridays in the Crossroads. And, yes, there are galleries outside of the Crossroads. (I am just discovering a lot of this stuff, because it is only recently that I have been enlightened as to exactly how FREE fun can really be. It's making me a much more well-rounded person.) This whole Street Fest thing sounds pretty cool, though. Live music (afro-beat/funk, swing, and a jazz trio - I like all of the above) and a puppet show and battling break dance crews? Awesome! Food and drinks are availble for purchase, so it might not be totally free if you buy stuff. I may have to check out Second Fridays sometime. I wonder if they have free adult beverages like some of the galleries on First Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment