Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I guess ZON is a winner....

I never really cared much for Boulevard's summer seasonal, ZON. But after not touching it for a couple of years, I tried it again this summer. The Case Man and I were stocking the beer & meat fridge with the Boulevard sampler packs from Costco, so we ended up with the ZON by default. So I tried it again, and to my surprise, I kinda liked it. Actually, I really liked it. It was nice and refreshing and citrusy on a warm summer day. I guess my palate has matured and developed a little in the last couple of years. Must have something to do with turning 30.

Anyway, after re-discovering ZON this summer, I was surprized and excited to read today that it was a gold medal winner at the 2009 Great American Beer Festival in the Belgian-style Witbier category. Yay Boulevard!

No comments:

Post a Comment