Friday, August 28, 2009

Free Movies! Parks! And Libraries!

Well, I have to say I'm disappointed that I didn't go down the the Central Library last Friday to watch Donnie Darko on the rooftop terrace. Instead, Casey and I went and spent money at a bar. The Well, specifically, which has a rooftop terrace, but it was too packed to hang out up there. So we sat on the lower patio, off the main dining room. We had fun. We got a hefty bar tab. We should have just gone to the free fun and seen a movie I know I love anyway on a rooftop terrace that I know wouldn't have been too crowded. So, here are some more free movies for your enjoyment.




Rocky Horror screening at dusk, City Market Park at 3rd & Main. Pack a picnic, wear a sweater and enjoy the city skyline!










Some sci-fi movie called Sunshine is showing at the Central Library, Downtown, on Saturday at 1:30. It's part of their Cinema Across the Universe film series, held in the Stanley H. Durwood Film Vault. I have never heard of this movie, but it stars the super creepy Cillian Murphy and the kickass Michelle Yeoh, and involves scientists trying to reignite the sun? Okay.









Grand Hotel will be showing, also at the Central Library, on Saturday, September 5th. I love this movie!





Humphrey Bogart as private detective Philip Marlowe in The Big Sleep at First Fridays Film Classics at the Waldo Branch on Friday, September 4th at 2pm.








Movies in the Park 2009 is still going on, too! In addition to tonight's screening of Rocky Horror at City Market Park, you can also see Hotel for Dogs Saturday night at Roanoke Park; Beetlejuice at Tower Park (75th & Holmes) on Friday, September 4th; Ghostbusters at 12th & Paseo on September 6th; Journey to the Center of the Earth 3-D (!) at Migliazzo Park, Minor Drive & Pennsylvania; and Wall-E at 26th & Jarboe on September 18th.



Have I mentioned how cool libraries are? And that they are free?
Check out the events claendar for the Kansas Ctiy Public Libraries and I know you will find a good way to spend an afternoon or eveing (or Saturday morning watching classic cartoons.)
So much Free Fun to be had at the library!
P.S. - I apologize for the wonky spacing of this post. I don't know what Blogger's deal is today, but it certainly wasn't cooperating. Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment